Posted by Roofco July 7, 2018
A new roof gives you the chance to slash cooling expenses while improving resale value and curb appeal.
A new roof probably is not the first thing that’ll come to mind as you think about home improvements which boost home value. However, research performed by Remodeling Magazine uncovers that having a new roof installed may have a huge impact on the value of a home–especially on a home’s resale value.
A new roof scores high in the latest cost versus value survey
Each year, Remodeling Magazine performs an extensive survey comparing the return on investment for a broad array of home improvements. Garage additions, replacement windows, new decks, basement finishing, and bathroom remodels are among the multitude of remodeling projects that are included in the survey. New roofing boosts home resale value by a nationwide average of almost $12,000, according to a 2013 Remodeling Magazine Cost vs. Value Report.
In addition, the survey uncovered that homeowners who get new roofing put in may expect to recover an average of 62.9 percent of the installation price through an increase in home value. This statistic places a new roof ahead of constructing a bathroom addition or putting in a backup power generator as far as of ROI is concerned.
Five Reasons to Install New Roofing
- Improves resale value. As aforementioned, new roofing increases a home’s value by nearly $12,000, according to the survey.
- Outstanding appearance upgrade. Architectural-grade asphalt shingles offer color and texture options which are really amazing. Who would’ve thought that it would be possible to duplicate the look of a rustic slate roof utilizing asphalt shingles? You can with the choice of high-grade asphalt shingles out there today.
- Longer warranties. A standard warranty for an asphalt shingle once was 15 to 20 years. Today, premium-quality asphalt shingles provide warranties as long as fifty years.
- Cool roofing technology. Some kinds of asphalt roof shingles have ENERGY STAR® ratings because they’re made to reflect solar heat, therefore decreasing cooling expenses.
- Avoiding building inspection problems. As a home goes on the market, its roof is one of the most visible features –and not only to potential home buyers yet also to inspectors and building appraisers. Roofing in bad shape may stop a house sale dead in its tracks. That is why it is wise to replace an older roof with a newer one.
New roofing is a huge investment and you ought to take some time to locate a trustworthy contractor to do the job. It is never advised to sacrifice quality for price. How much should one expect a new roof to cost? The investment will vary depending upon your location.
Costs on roofing estimates differ from one roof to another. The steepness and bundle count of the roof is the biggest factor. If the roof has several roofing layers of shingles the cost will rise.
For more information on how a new roof can add value to your home contact the reliable roofing company, Roofco today!